Oh, what a week it’s been! I won’t get into things too much, but I hope everyone is adjusting to life staying at home.
I know that a lot of people are now working from home, and have set up at their kitchen tables or in any small space that they can claim as their own. That’s why I’ve put together some home office solutions to help you out while you’re working from home.
Our Home Office Solutions
Here are my four looks for creating a home office for you to work effectively at home in a great looking space. There’s something to suit every budget too! Each look has four items to get you started: a chair, desk, lamp, and some artwork to pull the space together and add a bit of personality. I’ve also included some options for small spaces too – perfect if you need to work from your bedroom or living room!
Working From Home – Look 1
Our first look has a real moody, industrial feel to it. This desk from Ikea is a great price at only £39 – just remember that Ikea will be online orders only just now. I love this faux-leather chair to add some personality, it looks much more expensive than it actually is too.
- Chair – Elgin Quilted Metal Dining Chair in Tan – £89
- Desk – Linnmon/Lerberg table in Black-Brown – £39
- Lamp – Casco Curved Table Lamp – £20 (sale!)
- Art – Autumn Forest Poster (30cm x 40cm) – £11.95
Working From Home – Look 2
Our second look is fun with a lovely blush and green colour scheme. This desk is great if you have a small space to work in and would look good tucked in the corner of your living room or bedroom! I love this quirky little lamp to add some style and personality – perfect for making this space your own!
- Chair – Upholstered Dining Chair in Pink with Steel Frame – £34.99
- Desk – Watford Walnut and Metal Console Desk – £122.50
- Lamp – Mesh Table Lamp in Olive – £35 (sale!)
- Art – Pink Monstera Plant Print (30cm x 30cm) – £5 (sale!)
Working From Home – Look 3
Look 3 is light, bright and cheerful with mint, blush and lots of white for a Scandi feel. This fun look would suit a teenagers bedroom – perfect for doing schoolwork at home!
- Chair – Lix Metal Chair in Green Mint- £34.24
- Desk – Jimi 2 Drawer Desk – £153 (sale!)
- Lamp – Albert Table Light in Light Pink – £32 (sale!)
- Art – Candy Cactus Poster (21cm x 30cm) – £7.95
- Art – Today Will Be Great Poster (21cm x 30cm) – £6.95
- Seat Pad – Faux Fur Seat Pad in Soft White – £20
Working From Home – Look 4
Our final look is super sophisticated. I love this office chair for comfort and lumbar support, plus the brass and black combo make it stylish and on trend! The raw wooden desk gives the room a rustic look which works perfectly with the antique brass lamp and scientific butterfly poster.
- Chair – Ribbed Office Chair with High Back in Black and Gold – £299
- Desk – Waney Edge Oak Table Top with Steel Legs (1m x 50cm) – £152
- Lamp – Selva Table Lamp in Black and Gold – £75
- Art – Butterfly Samples Poster (50cm x 70cm) – £3.99
Small Space Solutions
If you are really struggling to create a workspace in your home I have found some great solutions that you can squeeze into any room. These options can function as a desk while you’re working at home but can also be tucked away with minimal effort when you need to.
- Bamboo Tablet and Laptop Table – £32.99
- Nyjo Fold Out Wall Desk – £116.25 (sale!)
- Kleur Leaning Desk in Pine and Grey – £149
- Talist Secretary’s Desk with Woven Rattan – £393.75 (sale!)
Let me know what you think of these budget-friendly solutions in the comments below or if there is anything in particular that you need help finding!
Are you working from home? If you would like some help designing your home office then check out our online design packages to see what we can do for you!